Clarkson is an affluent neighbourhood in Mississauga which was established in 1808, making it the oldest community in the city. It was at one time an independent village which gives it the traditional community feel, complete with its own trendy downtown area on Lakeshore as well as beautiful waterfront. The boundaries consist of the QEW to the north, beginning at Winston Churchill Boulevard to the west with the border moving to Southdown Road, Clarkson Road North to Parkland Avenue to the East, then finally along the shores of Lake Ontario. There are many fine dining options available which one would expect in a well established neighbourhood. This would be considered a great way to enjoy living in a trendy village with all the amenities of the big city.